PROTECTED STRUCTURE – The development will consist of:
1. The following works to the existing 18th C Protected Structure fronting onto Harcourt Street:
a) The restoration of the great staircase windows;
b) The renovation and redecoration of the original building generally including insofar as is practical, the restoration and re-instatement of original architectural features that were previously removed or modified;
c) The installation of new electrical and mechanical services;
d) The removal of non-original internal partitions;
e) The modification of existing openings at ground, first, second and third floor levels on the rear facade by lowering the cill level of these windows to create new door openings to the new atrium space;
f) The reinstatement of an original double door opening between the existing front and rear main rooms at first floor level;
g) Internal alterations to the existing smaller front room at second floor level;
h) Brickwork repair and repointing to the existing front and rear facades;
i) Modification of the existing front entrance to facilitate universal access including installation of new granite plinth and steps;
j) Sundry associated works.
2. The change of use of the existing main building on the site, a four storey over basemant structure, from office accommodation to use as a public museum space and educational facility on the first, second and third floors. the existing ground floor use of a bookshop will be retained and adjusted to include a café facility. The existing private club use at basement level will be retained. The change of use of the retained existing 18th C ground floor rear return for use as radio studios.
3. The demolition of an existing 19th C two-storey mews building on the site together with 19th C additions to the return.
4. Construction of a new four-story over basement structure at the rear of the existing site, fronting onto, and with access from, Montague Lane at the rear of the site, with plant enclosure to the roof area. This structure will be 783sqm in area and will accommodate an auditorium space at basement level, service use at ground floor and office and administration use on the upper floors.
5. The creation of a new glazed roof four-storey atrium link space of 64sqm in floor area between the rear facade of the existing main building and the proposed new structure at the rear.
6. Sundry associated works.
To find out more details on this Church & Community Development in Dublin Granted permission on 2020-10-30 take the free trial here.