Glenveagh Homes Ltd. intend to apply to An Bord Pleanála for
permission (7 year) for a strategic housing development which will include a mix of residential and community facilities on a 5.0 ha site at Maple Woods, Ballynacorra, Midleton, County Cork. An additional area of works (0.6Ha) on the R630 is also proposed to provide for enhanced connectivity provision. The development will consist of:
1) Construction of 176 residential units comprising:
– 5 no. House Type A (4-bed 2 storey detached dwelling)
– 24 no. House Type B (4-bed 2 storey semi-detached dwelling)
– 20 no. House Type C (3-bed 3 storey semi-detached dwelling)
– 24 no. House Type D (3-bed, 2 storey semi-detached dwelling)
– 38 no. House Type E (2-bed, 2 storey terrace dwelling)
– 9 no. House Type F (3-bed, 2 storey semi-detached/terrace
– 56 no. House Type G (46 no. 2-bed apartments, 10 no. 1-bed
apartments) in 2 Apartment Blocks across 4 floors.
2) The development of a 2 storey creche / childcare facility of 632.75m² including a designated play area, 4 no. bicycle stands and the provision of parking bay road markings to formalise the existing parking area adjacent to the proposed creche providing 15 no. car parking spaces.
3) The proposal provides for pedestrian and cycle way improvements on the R630 from the entrance to the existing Maple Woods estate to the
Ballinacurra junctions to the north. The works will include all necessary build-outs at junctions, a two-way off-road cycle facility, a Toucon Crossing linking to Ballinacurra Village, the provision of a new bus-stop on both sides of the road and a footpath connection to ‘The Grotto’ junction. The area subject to local road improvements / connectivity works is 0.6Ha.
4) The provision of traffic calming upgrades (4 no. raised pedestrian
crossings) along the spine road of the existing Maple Woods estate.
5) Opening of existing cul-de-sac at the north-western end of the existing estate to provide for pedestrian and vehicular access.
6) Provision of open space, landscaping, 314 no. surface car parking spaces for residents, 132 no. covered bicycle stands for the apartments, bin storage, bring bank, site services and all associated site development works and infrastructure.
To find out more details on this Residential Development in Cork Applied for on 2018-10-16 take the free trial here.