PROTECTED STRUCTURE: Permission for a development at 54 & 55 William Street South, Dublin 2, which are protected structures, in an Architectural Services Area. The development will consist of:
1. Modifications to a previously approved cafe/restaurant at basement, ground and first floor under planning Reg. Ref. 3925/14 and Reg. Ref. 3606/17 including extending cafe / restaurant into No. 54 by forming new opes through the party wall at each level.
(2) Provision of new escape stair from the basement by forming new door ope to the existing covered laneway at No. 54.
3. Increasing the width of existing door ope to provide new escape at the rear of the ground floor.
4. New granite plinth and front railing at No. 54 to match No. 55.
5. New front awning.
6. New outdoor deck seating area with screen for the cafe.
7. New front door and window at No. 54 to match previously approved to No. 55.
8. Modifications to new basement accommodation stairs, removal of existing lightwell and provision of new escape stair at the rear of No. 54 opening to the existing alley.
9. Minor modifications to external rear terrace at No. 55 and provision of new restaurant terrace area at no. 54 over new flat roof construction to replace existing flat roof.
10. Provision of 3 no. 1-bedroom apartments at the front (of circa 54.7 sq.m) and 2 no. 2-bedroom apartments at rear (of circa 78.5 sq.m, accessed from No. 54 staircase, at the first, second and third floors of both buildings by forming a new door ope through the party wall within each apartment.
11. Removal of non-original internal stud walls and forming opes in existing internal lath and plaster walls.
12. Reconfigured access to the No. 54 staircase via new door ope formed in the laneway wall.
13. Lowered staircase entry floor level and alteration to level of existing alley way including new stone paving finish, to provide a covered loggia entrance with new metal screen gates at the street and rear.
14. Repair works to historic lime plaster ceilings and cornices and decoration throughout.
15. Strengthening and fire upgrade works to all floors in No. 54.
16. Fire upgrade works to existing doors throughout No. 54.
17. Installation of new mechanical, electrical and life safety system services throughout and including new basement drainage proposal over the combined site area of 376 sq.m.
To find out more details on this Residential Development in Dublin Applied for on 2018-11-13 take the free trial here.