Strategic Housing Development
The development will consist of demolition of the existing building (c.960sqm) and hard surface parking area on site and construction of a purpose built student accommodation development (including use as tourist or visitor accommodation outside the academic term)
• 239 no. student bedspaces (including 10 no. studios), all within a part 4 no. storey, part 6 no. storey ‘U’-Shaped building (total gross floor area 6,620sqm);
• The building is 4 storeys along the southern boundary (with roof terraces at 4th floor level) and part 5 and 6 storeys along Goatstown Road (with set backs) and boundary to the north (with roof terrace at 5th floor level fronting onto Goatstown Road);
• Amenity space equating to c. 2,061 sqm is provided across the site consisting of c. 1,554 sqm of external amenity in the form of a central courtyard at ground level and roof terraces at 4th and 5th floor levels;
• Internal amenity space equating to c. 507 sqm is provided in the form of 2 no. ground floor lounge/study areas, kitchen/tearoom, laundry, and concierge/office space;
• Provision of 188 no. bicycle parking spaces distributed at 2 no. locations within the central courtyard (stacked parking with glass roof cover) and adjacent to the front boundary (north);
• Provision for 6 no. carparking spaces comprising 2 no. disabled parking spaces and 4 no. setdown parking spaces adjacent to the front entrance to the site;
• Vehicular access to the site is via Goatstown Road from 2 no. entrance points [reduction from 3 no. entrances currently];
• Ancillary single storey ESB substation and switch room and refuse store are provided at ground level;
• Provision of surface water and underground attenuation and all ancillary site development works including site wide landscaping works, planting and boundary treatments(including removal of existing planting on Goatstown Road) as well as provision of footpaths, lighting and cycle paths.
To find out more details on this Residential Development in Dublin Granted permission on 2021-02-08 take the free trial here.