The proposed development comprises the following:
• Wing B of the existing prison
• Stables and outbuildings in Costello’s Yard
• Modern Support facilities
• 1970’s building and sentry posts
• Parts of prison wall to west and south
• Existing car park
The floor area to be demolished is stated to be 12,023 sq.m.
• 5 storey B wing extending beyond original footprint to provide for new Irish Prison Service (IPS) standard cells
• Support and staff facilities
• Exercise yard/astro pitch,
• Horticulture area
• 2 storey female prison facility with cells, training, health facility and apartments to front onto Roxborough Road
• 2 storey trades building/stores, gatehouse, visitor reception and kennels to front onto Roxoborough Road
• Administrative building
• Access to new courthouse (being developed on adjacent site)
• 161 parking spaces.
The floor area of the new construction is stated to 18,626 sq.m.
Alterations are also proposed to the central circular structure of the prison and points of connections between the original prison wall and new perimeter security wall.
To find out more details on this Public Building Development in Limerick Granted permission on 2015-11-05 take the free trial here.