The development will consist of a 96 bedroom contemporary tourist hostel in existing and new buildings ranging in height from 6 to 7 storey (over basement). The development will include:
• Demolition of 2-storey buildings at 6 & 7 Sackville Place, single storey building to rear of 8-12 Sackville Place and fourth floor (plant) level at 8-12 Sackville Place;
• Change of use and reconfiguration of the remaining 4 storey (over basement) building at 8-12 Sackville Place from TU Dublin education facility to hostel and retail;
• Upward extension of existing building by 2-3 levels to create a 6-7 storey (over basement) building at 8-12 Sackville Place;
• Construction of a new 7 storey (over basement) building at 6 & 7 Sackville Place, to connect to the extended building at 8-12 Sackville Place to form a single integrated development;
• Extension of existing basement towards laneway to the rear;
• Revised elevational treatment to existing building at 8-12 Sackville Place including reconfiguration of windows to north, south and west elevations. The overall development will accommodate:
• Guest amenities, ancillary services, storage, kitchen accommodation and external courtyard at basement level;
• Reception, resident’s lounge, café/bar and separate retail/retail service unit at ground floor;
• 96 no. bedrooms at first to sixth floor levels;
• Waste store to rear with access to adjoining laneway;
• Plant at roof level, water tanks at first floor, bicycle parking at ground floor and all associated signage, site works and services.
To find out more details on this Hotel & Guesthouse Development in Dublin Granted permission on 2021-03-05 take the free trial here.