PROTECTED STRUCTURE; No 3 Parnell Street (a protected structure RPS Ref.6422) and nos. 4, 5, & 6 Parnell Street (a corner site with Jervis Lane Upper, Dublin 1) and No. 59 Capel Street, Dublin 1 (which abuts Jervis Lane Upper, Dublin 1 to the rear). The development will consist of:
(1) Demolition of no. 59 Capel Street (excluding front west facing facade) and existing single storey structures comprising Nos. 4-6 Parnell Street,
(2) Refurbishment of front west-facing facade at no. 59 Capel Street to original state with existing brickwork cleaned and repointed along with the installation of new traditional style timber windows to replace existing non-original windows; provision of replacement shopfront on No. 59 Capel Street with associated lighting and signage.
(3) Internal and external alterations to the existing three storey, over basement building at no. 3 Parnell Street (a protected structure) to accommodate new hotel development with original brickwork to be cleaned and repointed and new traditional style timber windows to be provided in existing opes on front (north facing) facade, existing chimney stack to be retained and refurbished, part removal of internal partitions/ walls to facilitate reconfiguration/ refurbishment of ground floor, first floor and second floor levels of No. 3 Parnell Street to facilitate proposed entrance foyer/ lobby, bedrooms and connection (including new feature atrium to rear of existing building) to new hotel development; provision of replacement shopfront on no. 3 Parnell Street with associated lighting and signage, new glazed canopy above replacement shopfront.
(4) The construction of a part five- , part six-, part seven-storey (total height of 25.170 meters from ground level) over basement, 65 room contemporary hotel on the overall site comprising the following:
(i) Plant, storage, water storage, attenuation tank, bar/ restaurant toilets, bicycle storage, luggage store, linen store, food preparation area, and staff facilities at basement level;
(ii) Hotel entrance, lobby/ reception, restaurant and wine bar (148sq.m), lounge bar area (99.1sq.m) with external courtyard seating area, kitchen and wheelchair accessible toilets at ground floor level;
(iii) Provision of 65 no. hotel bedrooms at first, second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth floor levels; and
(iv) Residents private lounge/ bar at sixth floor level with balcony area to the north facing elevation. The 2 no. penthouse suites located at sixth floor level will also be served balconies on the south facing elevation.
(5) Other works proposed as part of the development include:
(a) SuDS drainage;
(b) Roof plant;
(c) Facade treatments to new hotel development to include brick and glazing detail with metal cladding on all elevations; and,
(d) All associated site works necessary to facilitate the development.
To find out more details on this Hotel & Guesthouse Development in Dublin Applied for on 2018-11-02 take the free trial here.