The proposed strategic housing development will consist of the change of use of lands from former golf course use to residential and other uses consisting of 591 no. residential units and c.1,336 sq.m of other uses comprising of a retail unit, 2 no. commercial units, a childcare facility and a café.
The development will comprise 76 no. houses consisting of 13 no. 2-bedroom 2-storey terraced houses, 51 no. 3-bedroom 2-storey terraced houses and 12 no. 4-bedroom 3-storey terraced houses; 26 no. 2-bedroom own door ground floor apartments with 26 no. 3-bedroom own door duplex apartments over resulting in 52 no. units with balconies and gardens within 26 no. 3-storey terraced buildings; and; 4 no. apartment blocks ranging in height from 3 to 8-storeys and containing 463 no. units consisting of 171 no 1-bedroom units, 288 no. 2-bedroom units and 4 no. 3-bedroom units. Each apartment block which will comprise of:
• Block A ranging in height from 4 to 8-storeys and containing 166 no. units consisting of: 49 no. 1-bedroom apartments and 117 no. 2-bedroom apartments all with balconies or terraces; residential amenity spaces including a sky lounge on the eighth storey; external communal open space on a central podium; car and bicycle parking spaces; ancillary plant; waste storage and substations/switch rooms at undercroft level.
• Block B ranging in height from 4 to 8-storeys and containing 191 no. units consisting of: 57 no. 1-bedroom apartments and 134 no 2-bedroom apartments, all with balconies or terraces; residential amenity spaces including a sky lounge on the eighth storey; external communal open space on a central podium; car and bicycle parking spaces; 2 no. commercial units (c.64 sq.m and c.201 sq.m); ancillary plant; waste storage and substations/switch rooms at undercroft and lower ground levels.
• Block C ranging in height from 3 to 6-storeys and containing 80 no. units: 45 no. 1-bedroom apartments, 31 no. 2-bedroom apartments and 4 no. 2-bedroom duplex units, all with balconies or terraces; c.195 sq.m café, c.249 sq.m retail unit and c.627 sq.m childcare facility at ground level with ancillary outdoor space, with associated external space; residential amenity space; external communal open space on a central podium; car and bicycle parking spaces; ancillary plant; waste storage and substation/switch rooms at undercroft level.
• Block D is a 4-storey building and contains 26 no. units: 20 no. 1-bedroom apartments and 6 no. 2-bedroom apartments with balconies; car and bicycle parking spaces, ancillary plant, waste storage and substation/switch rooms at undercroft level.
The proposed development will include:
• 551 no. ancillary car parking spaces comprising 474 no. resident spaces and 32 no. visitor spaces, 35 no. staff spaces; 9 no. set-down spaces and 1 no. car club space; 45 no. of these spaces will be served by e-charging points; 291 no. of these spaces will be at undercroft level with the remaining 260 no. at surface on street or on curtilage.
• 14 no. resident motorcycle spaces at undercroft level.
• 1,184 no. bicycle parking spaces comprising, 890 no. resident apartment spaces at undercroft level and 256 no. visitor spaces (of which 136 no. at undercroft level and 120 no. at surface level) associated with Blocks A, B, C and D, 30 no. staff spaces associated with non-residential uses and 8 no. cargo bicycle spaces. In addition, bicycle parking for the house and duplex units is provided on curtilage as secure bike stores to the front of the units which will accommodate 2 no. bicycles per unit equating to 256 no. bicycle storage spaces.
The proposed development will also include all associated plant; refuse storage areas; communal open space; public open space; playgrounds; multi-use games area; associated internal roads and drainage arrangements; facilitating utility connections, facilitating linkages with adjoining sites; landscaping; public lighting; construction compounds; and; all site development works.
An Environmental Impact Assessment Report and a Natura Impact Statement accompany this application.
To find out more details on this Residential Development in Wicklow Applied for on 2021-08-20 take the free trial here.