The development will consist of the demolition of existing buildings (c. 2,471.6 sqm) on site and the construction of purpose built student accommodation development comprising:
• 289 no. student bedspaces, within 47 no. bedroom clusters across 2 no. residential blocks;
• Block A extends to 3 no. storeys and comprises 88 no. bedspaces in 11 no. 8-bed clusters (gross floor area of c. 2,706 sqm), and provides c. 191.5 sqm of internal amenity space;
• Block B to the east extends to 7 no. storeys (with enclosed plant at part 8 storey level) in the north of the site adjacent to the Luas stop, reducing to 5 no. storeys in the south and comprises 201 no. bedspaces in 13 no. 4-bed clusters, 12 no. 6-bed clusters and 11 no. 7-
bed clusters (gross floor area of c. 5,814.8 sqm), and provides c. 347 sqm of internal amenity space;
• 6 no. disabled access bedrooms are included across the development;
• Amenity space equating to c. 2,140.9 sqm is provided across the site consisting of c. 1,602.4sqm of external amenity in the form of a central courtyard, roof terrace and balconies;
• Internal amenity space equating to c. 538.5 sqm is provided in the form of a gym, TV and study areas, cinema room and lounge areas;
• Provision for 90 no. bicycle parking spaces distributed at several locations throughout the scheme and a pedestrian connection to the site immediately adjacent to the north;
• Ancillary single storey ESB substation, switch room and refuse store are provided, comprising c. 74.8 sqm gross floor area;
• Additional associated plant will be located at enclosed roof level within Block B;
• Upgrade of the access laneway from Rathdown Road and provision of a pedestrian access route.
The associated site and infrastructural works include the provision of foul and surface water drainage, including an attenuation tank located beneath the external amenity courtyard, connection to an existing watermain and all other associated services infrastructure. Existing site boundaries to the south and east will be retained. The proposal incorporates a pedestrian connection to the adjacent student accommodation scheme adjacent to the north at 274 North Circular Road. The total gross floor area of the proposed development is c. 8,595.6 sqm.
To find out more details on this Residential Development in Dublin Applied for on 2018-10-10 take the free trial here.