To construct new cheese production facility and a significant upgrade of the existing Dairygold Food Ingredients (DFI) facility. The proposed development consists of:
1. Construction of the following Buildings or structures and associated services and site works:- • Cheese Production Building – predominantly single-storey with 3-storey middle section and 2-storey administration block • Single storey part Open sided, roofed, Milk Intake Unit and piperack structure • Single storey Workshop • Single storey Box Store • 2-storey Reception and Staff Facilities Building • Single storey Boiler House • Single storey RO and Pasteurisation Building • Single storey Weighbridge Security Building • Single storey Water Treatment and Fire Pumphouse Building • Electrical Sub-station and Switchroom • 2-bay Loading Bay structure attached to the northern end of the existing cheese factory • 2 No. water storage tanks (12.6m and 9.6m high); 1 No. Salt Saturation Storage Tank (5.1m high)
2. Closure of 3 entrances and the construction of new entrance for HGV traffic off the L3627 on the northern site boundary. Closure of the existing HGV entrance and construction of new entrance for staff and visitor car traffic only off the L3805 Mogeely-Castlemartyr Road on the eastern site boundary
3. Demolition of the following Buildings or Structures and associated services: a) Dairy and Maintenance Workshop Building; b) Packaging Store; c) Boiler House and 3 No. stacks (33.9m high); d) Canteen; e) Reception and Office Building; f) Generator Building and removal of all associated Redundant Tankage.
4. Upgrade of an existing bund and construction of new adjoining bund to accommodate existing tanks and the following new tankage, (height listed in brackets) and all services associated with the tankage: 6 No. Milk Silos(14.0m), 2 No. Milk Silos(18.5m), 3 No. Cream Storage Tanks(5.8m), 5 No. Cleaning Tanks(8.0m),4 No. Cleaning Tanks(5.0m), 2 No. Whey Silos(12.7m), 2 No. Whey Silos(13.2m), 2 No. Bulk Chemical Tanks(5.45m)
5. Construction of a 124 space Car Park, Internal Roads accessing the site from the new Entrances / Exits, Covered Pedestrian Walkway and mounded Berms, Boundary Walls, Fencing and all Associated Landscaping Works.
6. Upgrade and expansion of the existing Wastewater Treatment Plant including new Balance Tank, Anaerobic and Aerobic Tanks, Clarifier, Picket Fence Thickener, Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF) Plant, Pumping Station, Control Room, Filters and Concrete Plinths.
To find out more details on this Factory Development in Cork Started on 2018-06-25 take the free trial here.